Business course: Shipping bypass Itaipu
|Date||Wednesday, December 2, 2020 until Thursday, December 3, 2020|
SHIPPING BYPASS PARAGUAY / BRAZILIË
This December Witteveen + Bos will organize a business course!
The case this year is the "Shipping bypass Itaipu Dam" in Brazil. The Itaipu Dam is the largest renewable hydroelectric power station in the world and one of the Seven Engineering Wonders of the Modern World. The dam contains 10 Brazilian and 10 Paraguayan hydropower turbines (of which 18 are in use) and these produced a total of 103 MWh of renewable energy in 2016, sufficient for 75% of Paraguayan and 17% of Brazilian energy needs.
Due to corona, the business course has been set up differently this year. The business course takes place on December 2 and 3. In the morning of December 2, we will start with an online kick-off. On December 3, the entire group will be split up (morning and afternoon group) to visit our office in Amsterdam and work on our challenging case.
Do you want to experience what it’s like to work at an engineering company? Then join their business course!
What will you be doing?
- you will be working in teams on a case concerning the construction of the shipping bypass at the Itaipu dam (Paraguay / Brazil),
one of the seven civil engineering wonders, which will be used to contribute to sustainable transportation over water;
- think of solutions for challenges related to construction, hydraulic engineering, water safety, landscape integration and ecology
in a dynamic environment with various stakeholders in a Latin American culture;
- you will experience what it is like to work for a Latin American client (Paraguay / Brazil);
- you will be involved in negotiations between parties which have influence on major choices within the project;
- think of how you and your team can apply innovative technology and sustainability in the best way possible;
- at the end of the day, you will pitch your complete solution to a professional jury;
- in addition, you will get the unique opportunity to meet experienced Witteveen+Bos employees.
If you are interested: hit the link